I have worked with learners formally and informally across my career, as a teacher, trainer or lecturer, often alongside other substantive roles. You can find my Teaching Philosophy here. In 2021, in recognition of my professional and evidence-based approach to teaching and learning in higher education, I was awarded Fellowship (FHEA) of the internationally-recognised Higher Education Academy.
My current goal in this area is to continue to take a leadership role in teaching and learning by developing curriculum that encompasses …
I have been a unit coordinator, lecturer and tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students at Bachelors, Masters, and PhD level, at universities in the UK and in Australia. I have also designed and delivered specialised training for practicing professionals in corporate and small business environments, in line with multiple national accrediting bodies in North America, Latin America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region. I have particular expertise in running engaging and effective workshops in wholly-online and hybrid environments, using both synchronous (i.e. “live”) and asynchronous (i.e. “on demand”) delivery models.
Recent teaching experience includes courses on:
- Developing Cultural Intelligence (for postgraduate students in management)
- Marketing Internationally (for postgraduate students in marketing)
- Bridging Cultures (aimed at developing cross-cultural capabilities for final-year undergraduates in international business)
- Digital Competencies for Researchers (for postgraduate research students and early career researchers)
- Cultural Studies (final-year undergraduates in the humanities)
- Online Marketing for Freelancers (professional development for the Chartered Institute of Linguists, Institute of Translators & Interpreters, American Translators Association, among others)
- International Business Development for Small Businesses (professional development for members of the Chartered Institute of Linguists, Institute of Translators & Interpreters, American Translators Association, among others)
- Technology for Translators (professional development for for the Institute of Translators & Interpreters)
- Academic English as a Foreign Language (advanced adult English-language learners)